An Open Letter  

Posted by Navin in , , , ,

To think of it now, it's not like I remember the first day we met in crystal clear HD pictures. But I do vaguely remember the excitement with which I caught my first glimpse of you and I think I also detected a not-so-evident smile on your face on spotting one more possible victim who would most probably succumb to your charms. I queued up along with your numerous suitors, dancing to your tunes and bowing to your whims. In due time, I did not have any other purpose in life but to keep you happy. I realised that I was slowly , but definitely slipping down a path from where there was no escape.

It took me a long time to realise the devious tricks you were playing on my mind. But realise I did, I started deviating from the vows I had made to you. I pursued my other "interests" which made you jealous. And man did you throw tantrums that demanded attention! We worked towards building a relationship that moved like the sine curve, with both of us trying to understand each other and giving enough space for us to have an independent life. You never seemed truly happy after that though.

While I kept giving it my best shot, you were never the same again. You seemed to look forward to the courtship dance from your other suitors. I feared the day you would realise our folly for devoting your time on someone as ordinary as me. As the days moved on, I realised that the best way to prepare myself would be to distance myself from you, to be ready for the day when you eventually broke the news to me. I saw you flirting with others at various points of time, but I never bought it up for I was never sure I wanted to say goodbye. Despite the tumultous relationship we have had, I would forever remember all the wonderful moments we have spent together. The numerous days and nights when it used to be just the 2 of us over just a cup of coffee for hours altogether without realising how time flew in each others company, it seemed like it would never be the case again. I was prepared for the eventuality that loomed near us now.

And on March 31st 2011, we finally bid our long awaited goodbye. On that day, I was ready, to bid farewell, to start off on a different note and look forward to life with someone else. After a 20 year long relationship, we couldnt really break up on a bad note could we ? We broke-up with our tokens of love for each other, with the hope that both of us would find better people than each other to spend our time with.

Dear Education, Now I can gladly bid goodbye to you! After all these years across 6 institutions in 3 different locations, I am well and truly done with Institutionalized Education. Here's a toast to that, and to PGP2009's, f2005's and my schoolmates.

P.S:
Quite late with the timelines and the plan, but the idea for the formal "break-up" always in the pipeline.

P.P.S:
With this, I hope to be returning from a self imposed exile and hope to keep the blog alive. Apologies to any audience I had prior to this exile and hope my new "partner" work life as occupied as the "ex":) .

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 12:33 AM and is filed under , , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Nice... n very interesting read :)

April 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Thanks Bhoomika :) .

April 26, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Thank you for post and your blog. My friend showed me your blog and I have been reading it ever since.
Spoken English training | Workplace English for employees | Communicative English training centre

June 20, 2018 at 2:58 PM

Post a Comment