22  

Posted by Navin in , , ,

This is not one of those "ages" on reaching which grand celebrations mark a landmark that has been reached. It is not the beginning or end of teenage or the age at which I legally become an "adult". It is just another ordinary day, the passage of one more year, in this occassion a very eventful one for me. Over the last 6 years, every time I have spent this day worrying about the impending doom in the form of trivial acadmic pursuits such as examinations. Somehow this year, that "maturity" seems to have creeped into me, their triviality seems to have been completely decoded by my inner senses.

This year made me realise something else though, the day is made memorable by the people whom I spend it with. The last 4 years in Pilani are still etched in my memory, be it the Chemistry I compre that marked the first year celebrations or the OOP compre that signalled the end of my engineering education. Amidst this was spent 2 years where my good friend Aditya saved me from all the bumps (he was the more popular guy on campus you see) . This year the scene had shifted to a more "sophisticated" institute. I had a different set of people from the last few years and boy, they did make it special for me. If I thought things were going to be any different, they werent. I had a willing friend here too who bore all the pains of the "hooshing" while I stood by the side and watched the events. As for the celebrations, by the end of it , I could not feel my behind , see 5 foot ahead of me or stand without shivering at a vigorous rate. At the end of it all, a cake was cut, the song was sung and we entertained ourselves for an amount of time which is a luxury around here.

Despite it not being a landmark or a milestone, turning 22 will be a special memory for me. This was the day when my Section (D) of the PGP 2009 batch of IIM Bangalore wished me Birthday vocally while I walked up to present a case in front of a professor, truly priceless. What more could I ask for ?

This day, thanks to everyone who made this day special for me. To those who took the time out from the blood-thirsty witch that is academics to ensure that I remembered this day. Today, I am as old or as kiddish as this post may sound to you.

P.S:
My apologies to those who lined up to "smack that", but did not get the opportunity to do so.The pain had crossed the threshold by then .

Not really questionable whether this is truly awesome or not , please do watch this if you are looking for something to kill time , courtesy the batch of students who left this institute one year back (I hope I am right) .

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 8, 2009 at 9:06 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

presenting a legendary case on your birthday and the prologue had a mass birthday song. hmm did i ever tell you that you are one lucky bugger?

December 9, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Yes , of course . After I almost won the bronze medal for entry into this place :). Of all the ladies , lady luck seems to have been the only one falling prey to my charms from time to time :P

December 9, 2009 at 12:21 PM

Thank you for post and your blog. My friend showed me your blog and I have been reading it ever since.
Shree Padma Nrityam Academy | SPNAPA | Padma Subrahmanyam

June 19, 2018 at 1:58 PM

Post a Comment