Q and A  

Posted by Navin in , ,

I have been finding it very difficult to introduce myself nowadays. It takes a lot of explaining to convey the fact that I am a Mechanical Engineering student from BITS-Pilani, who is interning with an IT firm, Oracle in Hyderabad and does not belong to the city. When asked about where my roots lie, I have an even longer answer. It has been more than a month since I left Pilani - lock, stock and barrel. Naturally, the next question that props up is about my return to Pilani for the convocation. Now , I have a new answer to give - BITS Pilani does not have a convocation system. Even though none of us who are studying there really seem to mind, we accept it as one more of our "unique and flexible" traditions , it seems to be surprising news to everyone else .

If these are the standard questions , other more specific questions depends on the person at the other end.Bumping into seniors from the college could result in questions about the changing culture in Pilani as a result of BITSAT, SAC or about the departments and clubs of which they were a part of. People from the corporate world unaware about the Practise School program in Pilani want to know how the system works and diverse questions revolving around the same.

Friends have something more personal to ask , Do I miss Pilani ? At present, I am a newcomer to city life and enjoying its benefits,I am not missing the Village. Maybe as time goes on and as the Wise Camel says, I will miss the place. The more important question I ask myself is :What do I really miss - the place or the people ? Sky Lawns, the never-heard-beyond-second-row-plays by EDC ,the SEQC sessions, the "aaha" moment on stage of a quiz finals , BuZZBuzz,BUzz during JAM , interesting truth revealing "sessions" and of course the wildfire spreading along the grapevine are just some of the things I will definitely miss. I would have never enjoyed the place without the people , it is they who I miss . On a visit back to campus , I was happy to see more familiar faces , pleasantries to exchange and jokes to crack. Though at the point of time I was yet to step into work, I am in one of those glass walled buildings today . I have just started to realise how much has really changed and what the future really holds.

As preparations for my Personal Interview move ahead , I am faced with more questions from others and within myself . For Many of these I have well prepared answers to convince the person sitting oppposite me, but to others which really stump me I just give a puzzled look.I hope that on D-Day (Feb 23rd) there does not come a Question for which I do not have an answer . As always, anyone who believes they have the favour of Lady Luck and do not really need are requested to guide her to me.

P.S:

I did not see the Titanic Clash between His Royal Highness Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal and I am happy that I did not have to see the champion break down in despair. I hope that back in the lush green courts of his backyard, Wimbledon, he deservedly matches Pistol Pete's record of Grand Slam titles.

This entry was posted on Monday, February 2, 2009 at 8:06 PM and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Remember what Dhaaji said. When in doubt, sex is the answer. Wise man. ;)

February 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM

Agree to this universal rule , but as with everything else , an exception exists , on D-day , a puzzled look is better :)

February 4, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Post a Comment