Acknowledgments  

Posted by Navin in ,

D-day is over , my 40 minutes of fame are up. "The Curious Case of Navin M" awaits its judgment from the 2-member faculty panel at IIM Bangalore . "The Curious Case of Navin M" will be aired soon through this media.But before I can take my time to finish off the script, I am going ahead with the credits and acknowledgments. The list of people who have been troubled because of the fact that I had been selected for the GD/PI process is really a long one. Irrespective of what the verdict is, I cannot thank enough everyone for putting up with me over this "preparations" phase of mine.

Undoubtedly , at the top of the list are two people I can never really thank enough - Arun Balakrishnan and Kaushik Mukherjee, the founders and directors of Lootstreet who had to read through every version of my SOP ,answer an insane number of questions from me and above all take mock interviews , listen and correct those ridiculous answers of mine.I am not sure how many seconds of the actual interview I could have survived without the insight provided by them to me.Others who were unfortunate enough to be interacting with me in close quarters over the past one month have also had to put up this with this different side of mine.The saint, Thrivikraman who had to share a room with me was forced to be at the wrong end of many long monologues where I rambled, cribbed and spoke about everything under the sun. Praveen and Psyce(aka.ivyjar aka.R.Vijay) also had to put up with my never-ending enthusiasm for preparations and discussions on what the actual interviews might turn out to be like. And of course, my PS Teammates - Srikanth and Ramya, who had to sit patiently and listen to me cribbing, worrying and narrating my experiences and thoughts everyday.Special Mention to Sandeep Prakash, the entrepreneur-in-making who always had something significant to point out to me.

Then there are those who have been lucky to be farther and have been troubled only by the g-talk windows and phone conversations . That list includes Srihari(aka Kutts), Dude Iyer (aka Shell Iyer aka Anand Iyer),Janani , Poornima,Avinash and Vinayakk.Also Diwakar who was gracious enough to run around the ARCD office in Pilani to secure my transcripts . And of course,students and alumni from IIM B who were forced to help me out despite their busy schedule - Mochu(aka Arun Prasath, I hope I am right with the real name !) for the interviews tips and Gautham Krishnan(Chitappa(Old man's) brother) for throwing some valuable light on what actual consultants do and what would be the best approach to take in the interview.

There are more people in the list and its endless. So, to everyone else, you have been saved from public view since you are special .

Releasing Soon : "The Curious Case of Navin M"
Location: M-14 , IIM Bangalore

Cast : Navin M( in a supporting role), Malay Bhattacharya , R.NarayanSwamy

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

You better hope you don't get nominated for the Best Actor category, those panelists don't want to think you were faking it ;)

Good luck as always.

February 24, 2009 at 5:42 PM

:D It was a huge return favour for the three months of torture I put you in! Now that I'm on the other side of the fence with my dream app and all, I'm waiting to welcome you this side.

PS: I'm so sorry I didn't wish you for your premiere.

February 25, 2009 at 11:57 AM

@Hari:

I am hoping they were faking their mock laughs at me ! Despite all my efforts to convince them, they were bent on stamping me down for a person who doesn't know much , lets see . Thanks for the wishes.

@Poornima:
Right now, I do not know whether I am a "cat on the wall", a "lame duck" who has been beaten to death or your category - the one who has pole-vaulted over the final barrier with ease, once the results come you can decide whether to welcome me or not :) .

The wishes I knew were always there, nothing special to remind me about :) .

February 25, 2009 at 4:50 PM

Post a Comment