Summer @ lootstreet  

Posted by Navin in ,

I am working as a Business Development Intern @ lootstreet. I have been working in Hyderabad, visiting the city again after a gap pf nearly 10 years with absolutely no memories whatsoever from my previous visits while my father used to work here. To all those to whom I haven't already explained about lootstreet , we are an online start-up venture headed by 2 IIM-A graduates. We are the first website in India that provides platform for bargaining and negotiation of prices before a buyer and seller strike a deal. This is the standard line that I use in my work everyday.



As a business development intern, I am responsible for trying to woo sellers onto lootstreet and hence make a larger bargaining market for all the buyers on website. This would be my job description, but I have enjoyed working here with 2 people who have left behind hefty salary packages from their placements in IIM to take up the challenge of bringing their own dream venture alive. I have already learnt much from my first two working weeks here and am also sure that this " work experience " will enhance my knowledge about many things that happen in the real-time working of a firm( unlike what Principles of Management,POM teaches most BITSians ) . This seems to be a lot more enjoyable than working in a 1000 member strong workforce right now, but I am completely unaware of what that feels like. I am yet to sit in an interview for a job myself, but have already interviewed 2 people for a post here, so you can guess the kind of experience I will be deriving out of this. Also, I managed to visit ISB and sit through an engaging discussion between an ISB professor and an IIM graduate.


This summer sure looks very promising and interesting for me.Despite this hampering my CAT preparations , I am still happy that I managed to contact lootstreet and join them here for a brief period in these initial stages of this interesting venture.Do visit the website and try your hand at bargaining - something which am sure all of you do when you go shopping, try it online too now .

This entry was posted on Monday, June 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

sounds good. Beats me, how people get wind of these things while undergoing academic decay in Pilani. Looks like I'm the only one who experiences isolation, rip-van-winkle experiences outside pilani etc.

June 7, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Since one of the founders was an ex-BITSian CEL member, he had forwarded the "opportunity" to the club and it seems like it went unnoticed . Anyways, I am sure there are bright things on your side too :). Getting to spend 2 days at home does not really count as a holiday, does it ?

June 9, 2008 at 9:19 AM

Post a Comment