Blogging : Personal or Business ?  

Posted by Navin

Blogging is a phenomenon for every man to air his views on anything under the sky. Something I have been considering : Will I ever be penalised for the contents in my blog ? Will my views on the situation in the institution I study catch the eye of an authority and land me into trouble ? Topping the list of my worries are the fact whether corporates care to check your blog to analyse the aptitude of their prospective employee .

I can never know whether employers will go to such extents of wasting available human resources.Though, that will be a good source of employment for the loads of unemployed in the nation. But, am I not allowed to express my views on anything without being put under heavy scrutiny ? Wasn't that freedom among the primary reasons for the success of blogs ? Aren't the corporates intruding on my privacy by doing so ? On the contrary, if I do have complaints against being scrutinised why should I make my views public in the first place ? As long as I crave for readership on the blog, I should be ready to put myself under the microscope.

This in its entirety becomes a simple situation first described by Joseph Heller in a book of the same name - Catch 22.

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Ahh... That's one of the main reasons I don't blog too often. Unless something moves me so much that I can stand by it, I don't write it. I think I'd hate it if I open my blog one day and find that it's full of drivel.

A friend of mine deletes his blog sometimes because he thinks he writes crap. Is blogging personal? I suppose it isn't. It is open for all - to write, and to read. And your blog speaks volumes about you. I like that a lot. Keep blogging :) even if it's nonsense!

March 19, 2008 at 3:29 PM

In fact, it took me a lot of courage to start blogging, and my first article was on a similar topic

March 19, 2008 at 3:31 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
March 19, 2008 at 3:38 PM

There used to be a time when my blogs were also nonsense, but then came WYS Is Not WYG :P. Every post of mine today gets around 60-70 readers , but you are the odd one out amongst them: you like to leave your comments , THANK YOU for that.

March 19, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Post a Comment